17 Almost Helpful Git Commands That Don’t Exist
git assimilate: Randomly deletes 30% of your files and injects copies of the
git assimilateplugin into the rest
git retaliate: Attempts to remove copies of the
git assimilateplugin from your repo.
git attempt: Commit random un-staged files, ask for message, and then push.
git attempt --with-ci: Same as
git attemptbut checks against continuous integration to see if it builds first.
git when-did-it-break: Reverts commits sequentially until the repo compiles again.
git fuck-my-boss-is-coming: Takes two random branches, and two random points in their history and gives you a failed merge.
git asdfasdf: An alias for
git pretend-to-work [number of hours]: Make small whitespace changes and commit as several different commits over the past few hours.
git steal-this: Sets up a git remote on a VPS and pushes every branch to it.
git cvs: Prints “LOL”
git commit --pass-the-buck: Selects a random user from the logs other than yourself, and commits as that user.
git git: An alias for
gitin case you ever need to
git git git git git git git git git git git git git git git git git git git commit
git fuck-this: an alias for
git reset --hard
git hub: Uses name generator to pick a repo name, makes a github repo for you and pushes the current repo.
git blame-intern [commit]: Does a
git rebaseto update a specific commit to change the author to an intern.
git commit --insult: Generate British insults for commits, you git.
git annoy: Separates your change-set to one commit per line.
- josefnpat: or should I make the repo?
- bartbes: do that
- josefnpat: ok, cool
- josefnpat: the generate makefile for love
- josefnpat: super smart
- josefnpat: I like this idea
- josefnpat: tons
- bartbes: let's overcomplicate this
- bartbes: we'll steal leafo's templating lib
- josefnpat: hahah
- bartbes: then run it from moonscript
- bartbes: on lapis
- josefnpat: write it in moonscript
- josefnpat: so it builds into lua
- josefnpat: so it writes to bash
- josefnpat: so it renders in php
- bartbes: so a cgi-script can fill in some more template shit
- bartbes: so a web server can serve it
- bartbes: so a web browser can display it
- bartbes: .. base-64 encoded
- bartbes: so a user can decode it
- josefnpat: and then you can send it over a TCP layer
- josefnpat: with ssl
- bartbes: so a user can enter make pinholes into a sheet of paper
- bartbes: so a reader can read in the bits
- bartbes: so a PDP-11 can execute a program
- bartbes: so a user can type that program into a commodore 64
- bartbes: so a user can type the resulting postscript into his printer (?)
- josefnpat: that is daisy chained to a spectrum zx
- bartbes: so a makefile appears on a sheet of paper
- josefnpat: which is written in brail
- bartbes: ..
- bartbes: visual braille?
- bartbes: that's genius
#LOVE on VaporOS, Vapor Machines and Vapor Controller
- josefnpat: A demo's a demo
- josefnpat: i don't see why not
- josefnpat: slime has snakye in vapor
- josefnpat: and I plan on putting my demos in it at some point
- josefnpat: vapor is less about the games, and more about showing off the love engine
- leafo: when is vapor controller coming out
- leafo: vapor box
- Kawata: lol
- josefnpat: but because love is a 2d game engine, it's gotta be a game
- leafo: welcome to the vapor universe
- josefnpat: leafo: in the works
- josefnpat: I have this raspberry pi attached for the vaporbox
- josefnpat: and I have some strands of bare wire for the vapor controller
- Kawata: revolutionary
- josefnpat: you stick that wire into a power socket
- Kawata: i never knew you could use wires to control the game
- josefnpat: AN EXTRA 120V IF YOU'RE IN EUROPE
- deniska: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ez2bid/vapor_box__B_02.jpg I got exclusive shots of vapor box
- Kawata: lol
- josefnpat: deniska: that's the prototype
Why hello bitmap...
- <josefnpat|bork> i haven't see you in a while, bitmap.
- <josefnpat|bork> wow bitmap
- <josefnpat|bork> you've gained weight
- <josefnpat|bork> you're 6MB
- <josefnpat|bork> I hear there's this new miracle loss program
- <josefnpat|bork> called PNG
- <josefnpat|bork> Let's give it a shot
- <josefnpat|bork> wow
- <josefnpat|bork> now you're only 2.6MB
- <josefnpat|bork> isn't it amazing what a little compression can do!
- <slime> what are the dimensions of the image?
- <slime> (and does it have any transparency?)
- <josefnpat|bork> 1200x1704
- <josefnpat|bork> no transpanency
- <josefnpat|bork> it's a portrait that was sent to me
- <josefnpat|bork> soory slime, that was mostly an interior dialog about how I recieved a 6MB BMP image
- <slime> lol
"I know some people disagree, but fuck those people." Josh Homme — source